Pyang is an extremely useful tool for
- Validating YANG Files
- Generating UML diagrams from YANG Models
- Generating tree representation of YANG models for quick visulization
For more information on pyang, refer this link.
Below are the steps to install pyang on windows 7.
Step 1: Install Git Bash
Since you must be using Git already, I assume you already have Git Bash installed. If not, refer to this link.
Step 2: Install Python
- Download latest version of Python from this link.
- Run downloaded file python-3.3.4.msi by double clicking on it.
- Once installation is complete, add it’s location in Path environment variable. (Open “System -> Advanced system settings -> Environment Variables”. Under System variables edit Path by adding C:\Python33)
- Open Git Bash terminal and run python -V to verify that python is installed.
Step 3: Install Pyang
- Download latest version of Pyang from this link. Extract zip file.
- Open Git Bash terminal.
- From terminal go to the location where Pyang is download.
- Run source ./env.sh
- Run python setup.py install
- Once installed, update Path environment variable by adding C:\pyang-1.4.1.tar\pyang-1.4.1\bin
- Open another Git Bash terminal.
- Run pyang -v to check if Pyang is installed.