Eclipse provides a plugin Dependency Visualization to view the nice graphical view of module dependencies. After a maven project is imported in Eclipse, this plugin can be used to view all the other modules this project is dependent on. Below is a step by step guide to use this plugin.
Step 1: Install Dependency Visualization Eclipse Plugin
- In Eclipse, navigate to Help -> Install New Software…
- Enter following URL in “Work with:” text box as shown below – http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/pde/incubator/visualization/site
- Click on Next, accept the agreement and install the software.
- Restart Eclipse
Step 2: Launch “Plug-in Dependencies” pane
- Navigate to Window -> Show View -> Other .. -> Plug-in Development -> Plug-in Dependencies as shown in the image below
- Click on “OK” & this will launch “Plug-in Dependencies” pane at the bottom.
Step 3: View hierarchical view of required plug-ins
- Right-click on the pane and select “Focus On…” to launch Plug-in Selection window
- Type the plug-in to choose for example, we have chosen sal-netconf-connector as shown below
- Press “OK”.
You can also view “Unused Dependencies” & open corresponding pom.xml through right-click menu on the plug-in.